Who made the beach disappear?
So it’s quarantine half time. What have I learned during the last 7 days?
- The hotel is nice, normally with a wonderful sunny few of the beach.
- I am getting well looked after but the hotel.
- The food is much better than I thought it would be, but sadly it has a slight western slant to it, bread instead of rice. I miss my rice.
- There is almost free flow complimentary beer, I am actually drinking much more than I usually do.
- I had forgotten how unreliable the China Internet was when accessing sites overseas.
- My plan to actually exercise during quarantine has failed for the following reasons:
- A leg injury is preventing me from doing anything too strenuous (I did something the day I left Hodenhagen).
- Walking up and down my hotel room to get my steps in is extremely tedious.
- I am simply lazy
- My other plan to actually sit down and do some digital housekeeping has also failed because sitting on my balcony, listing to music and watching the sea is far more attractive.
- Time actually flies when you have work to do during the day.
My guess is the second half will be pretty much the same. Further COVID-19 tests are scheduled including an anti-body check so that is probably as exciting as it gets.